My name is Jonathan Becker and I have the honor and pleasure of serving as your Associate Hospitality Minister! You will often see me greeting people at the front door, smiling, and making people feel welcomed. It is my passion to love people like Jesus and I want everyone to experience how great His love for each of us truly is. My roles include overseeing visitor connection, the golf cart team, event coordination, and most things relating to making people feel like a part of our family at SSBC.
I have been here for over a year now in this role. Before I was at SSBC, I served as the Dean of Students and Professor of Religion & Philosophy at Jacksonville College. I also coached college tennis for years along with having been in the tennis industry for over a decade.
I have my Bachelors in Religion from Liberty University and my M.A. in Biblical Literature from Wesley Biblical Seminary. I am currently working towards earning my PhD in Old Testament at Denver Seminary in their ThM Program (Master of Theology). I aspire to full-time professorship, teaching the Old Testament at a Seminary/Bible College/University. But until that day comes, I’m here at SSBC until God calls me elsewhere.
Fun Facts About Me:
- As you can probably tell from what I’m studying, I’m the nerd of the nerds. I will talk theology at all times. I just love the stuff. If you ever want to have a chat, always know that I probably won’t turn down the opportunity. I love theology and I love people!
- My favorite TV shows are 90’s and early 2000’s Nickelodeon shows. Those were the best of times…and I may or may not still regularly rewatch all of these on Amazon Prime when I fall asleep each night.
- My favorite books include the modern English version of Pilgrim’s Progress, titled Little Pilgrim’s Progress, along with Walking With God by John Eldredge, The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis, and, wait for it…essentially all of the Goosebumps and Captain Underpants books.
- I’m a diehard NY Mets fan and am a complete baseball fanatic despite my career in tennis. Maybe this year will be the year the Mets finally win it all (but probably not, because they’re the Mets and they’ve invented ways to lose that no one thought existed).
- I’m from New Jersey. Please try to not hold this against me. I got here as quickly as I could…I just miss the pizza.