“The LORD your God is with you, he is mighty to save. He will take great delight in you, he will quiet you with his love, he will rejoice over you with singing.” – Zephaniah 3:17
- Ask the family: “Has there ever been an item (or animal) that you or your family lost, so you searched and searched to find it?”
- Ask: “What did you do to find it? How did you feel while you were looking? If you found it, how did you feel then?”
- Say: “Today we’re going to talk about people who are spiritually lost. A person that is spiritually lost does not have a personal relationship with Jesus Christ.”
- Read Luke 15:1-7 aloud together.
- Ask the family: “Jesus told this parable in response to the attitude of the Pharisees. How did the Pharisees treat the tax collectors and ‘sinners’ who were not like them?”
- Ask: “Do you think the Pharisees thought there was anything wrong with them or that they needed to be ‘found’ by God?”
- Ask: “What does this parable tell about God’s heart and how He values people who are separated from Him?”
TABLE TALK (QUESTIONS TO DISCUSS AND WRAP UP)
- “Can anyone share how God found them when they were a ‘lost sheep’?” (parents share too!)
- “If we are to have God’s heart for lost people, whom do we know that we should be pursuing with God’s love and message of forgiveness?”
- Today’s truth to remember is: God loves and seeks those who are lost.
- Ask a child to close your time in prayer.
KEEP IT UP (WAYS TO CONTINUE THE CONVERSATION)
- Memorize a verse together that was covered today (like Zephaniah 3:17).
- Sing “Amazing Grace” or “Mighty to Save” together.
- Make a list of family, friends, classmates, or neighbors who need to hear the good news of God’s rescue He offers through Jesus.
- Listen to songs by Seeds Family Worship on Spotify – these songs are literally just Scripture put to music.
- Go to YouTube together and watch “Rizers” videos (also Scripture put to music)