“There is none like you among the gods, O Lord, nor are there any works like yours. All the nations you have made shall come and worship before you, O Lord, and shall glorify your name. For you are great and do wondrous things; you alone are God. . . But you, O Lord, are a God merciful and gracious, slow to anger and abounding in steadfast love and faithfulness.” (Psalm 86:8-10,15)
[using the New City Catechism app…]
Question 2: What is God?
Answer: God is the creator of everyone and everything.
Aim: To help children understand who the God of the Bible is.
Have fun this week talking through who God is and what He is like. If it helps, here are some key attributes…
- Eternal—God has no beginning or end
- Righteous—God is right in everything he says, does, and thinks
- Sovereign—God rules over and is in control of all things
- Holy—God is perfect and separate from sin
- Gracious—God is kind
- Infinite – God knows no bounds
- Omniscient—God knows all things
- Wise—God never makes mistakes
- Faithful—God always keeps his promises
- Omnipotent—God is all powerful
- Omnipresent—God is everywhere, all the time
- Immutable—God never changes
- Self-sufficient—God does not need anything or anyone
- Merciful—God is compassionate
- Incomprehensible—God is too grand to understand
- Never-tiring—God never has to sleep
- Patient—God is slow to become angry
- Victorious—God always wins