What’s Your Standard of Truth? // Notes & Timestamps
- 5:40 – The New Push Among Atheists – The false idea that people are leaving their faith because they are actually reading their Bible.
- 6:10 – Quote from Atheist – “The road to atheism is littered with Bibles that have been read cover to cover.” This quote starts the conversation about how you read your Bible.
- 9:00 – Conversation about “Do I really believe the Bible? Do I understand it?”
- 11:55 – Chris Legg comments how Christians often treat the Bible as a Textbook or a Magic book.
- 16:40 – Chris Sherrod comments on reading the Bible and finding meaning, saying “A verse can never mean what a verse never meant.”
Resources from this episode:
- The Bible Project Paradigm Series Podcast
- 30 Days to Understanding the Bible by Max Anders
- The “How Americans View English Sports” video referenced at 24:50
Podcast: Play in new window | Download